http://thevoiceoflakewood.com/In recent years, driving in Lakewood has been described as “singular,” “unique,” and “not for the faint of heart,” yet one state official views it as a major opportunity. Senator Ricky Jones, former NASCAR champion says in his whole career he has never witnessed such potential in drivers, until he visited Lakewood. ”Lakewood drivers” he announced, “possess all the right qualities of a good race car driver.” He illustrated his point using the “Good Race Car Driver” power point, as follows.
A good race car driver is judged by……
1) An ability to overcome all natural instinct to stop.
2) The Skill to maintain the same speed in all weather conditions, be it rain, ice, snow, hail, thunderstorm, or twister.
3) A certain maturity to make an independent decision that has not necessarily ever been made by anyone belonging to the human race.
4) The talent to multi-task, sometimes being able to use only one hand or two fingers on the wheel. (This agility can execute a wider or faster turn.)
5) Having extremely good reflexes. (I.e. going when it’s green, regardless of what’s going on around them or what’s in front of them.)
6) Keeping a strong focus on their destination, despite loud, siren-like noises nearby that may or may not be connected to something they just did.
Ricky is funding, in his own words “The greatest race in all of history”, to be held in Lakewood in a few weeks. Two Lakewood residents will be chosen as contestants.